- If we can accommodate you for a same day appointment, we will! We keep a cancellation list for most services, and if you are flexible with days and times, we can usually see you within a few days.
- We also offer walk-in clinics for hearing aids on specific days and times. Our walk-in clinics are busy, so you may have to wait a few minutes. If you don’t want to wait, we suggest you schedule an appointment.
- All you need to do is call us, and we will take it from there. We accept most insurances and will call your physician for a referral if needed. Usually your physician has already sent us a referral and we’re already working on it.
- We ask you to arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment to fill out paperwork. If you choose to download the patient forms from our website, you will only need to arrive 10 minutes before your appointment.
Some insurance carriers require a referral from your primary care physician. However, some do not. First, we will check with your insurance to see if you need a referral. If so, we will request one from your physician.
Everyone comes to terms with hearing loss differently. We are here to help you every step of the way. There are more options at American Hearing + Audiology other than hearing aids. We have a full line of personal sound amplification products (PSAPS) that help only when you need it. We stay on top of the newest technology and always provide you with all your options.
We don’t just sell hearing aids — we provide all options available for hearing loss which includes implantable technology. A technology assessment will provide valuable insight into which level of technology a personal qualifies for. If you qualify for an implantable technology, it is up to you if you want to pursue it further. However, we will always tell you which level of technology you are a candidate for. We believe you have the right to choose what is best for you.
Sure we can! We offer service package plans as well as programming fees for people who need to have their hearing aid(s) programmed or repaired and didn’t purchase them through our clinic. We’re happy to provide you with details.
Copayments can vary dramatically between insurance carriers. Your insurance card and/or membership book should provide information regarding how much your copays are. We will also check it for you.
There are many reasons someone can be experiencing hearing loss. Issues can arise in the outer ear, middle ear and inner ear.
First things first, you need to schedule an appointment and get a current audiogram.
An audiogram is a hearing test to give audiologists and clinicians a better understanding of your hearing and to create an action plan for you.
There are four degrees of hearing loss: mild, moderate, severe and profound. Hearing loss affects everyone differently and in different ways. For example, you can experience moderate hearing loss in one ear and severe to profound hearing loss in the other.
- Mild hearing loss is when soft noises are not heard and understanding speech can be difficult in loud or noisy spaces.
- Moderate hearing loss is when soft and moderately loud noises are not heard and understanding speech can be a challenge with background noise included.
- Severe hearing loss is when conversations have to be communicated in a louder or different way.
- Profound hearing loss is when, without technology, verbal or oral communication is no longer possible.
Easy. All you need is a hearing test by one of our clinicians. Some insurance companies will cover the cost of a hearing test; however, this is based on the individual and their specific insurance company. Please give us a call, and we can walk you through the process.
No. While Sound World Solutions, IQ Buds and Bose Hearphones are rechargeable, there are some PSAPS, such as The Bean, that require batteries. Also, some products require the use of a smartphone app while others do not. Our PSAP specialist can help recommend which product is right for you.
Make an appointment with American Hearing + Audiology to test and demo our PSAPS for free!